Tuesday, September 9, 2014
I love this aria!
The first thing I noticed about the pieces, other than the beautiful melody lines, was that one had a darker vowel sound while the other was brighter. I think that the difference in the [a] sound was not as noticeable as I expected but there was a difference in placement. I was slightly confused when they dropped the last vowel, usually the "e", off of the ends of some words but I remember you mentioned in class that it was normal for the vowels to be left off of musical texts. I think the way most Americans sing Italian must sound atrocious to the Italians though, because their purity of vowels and mixing of diphthongs is seamless but I don't understand how they know when to have a straight vowel and when to mix them. I suppose we'll learn that later though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment